Community & Cultural Center
|Our Community Center & Library Page
- ADA Accessible
- Meeting Rooms
The Middle Smithfield Township Community and Cultural Center, built from 2019-2021, was created by the community, for the community, as "a space for good people to do good work, for the common good."
The space is designed to be a space for:
- The community to gather
- An exhibit space for local artists and art organizations
- A home for the Library of the Smithfield
- Red Cross certified emergency shelter during emergencies
The Great Hall will serve as a local museum for revolving exhibits based on the anniversary of local events and the history of the area.
The space also serves as an event center for township and community-minded events, and can also be used for ongoing programming for residents by charitable organizations, such as:
- Tai Chi classes
- Blood drives by the Red Cross
- Free services by local health networks such as mammograms
- Classes taught by Penn State Extension, and more
Several community events that take place annually include Memory Makers, Veterans Luncheon and Person of the Year, and many more.