Township Clean Up & Freecycle
Middle Smithfield Township Clean Up is held every spring and fall. This event affords township residents the opportunity to bring larger bulk items for disposal at a low cost to them that they may have a hard time to get rid of otherwise.
Drop off locations are at the Township Building on Municipal Drive and our Wooddale facility on Dancing Ridge Road.
Clean up is for Middle Smithfield Township residents. Please bring proof of residence such as a tax bill, rent receipt, etc. This clean-up is an extremely “user friendly” program. We urge all residents to take advantage of this opportunity. A great way to dispose of unwanted household goods!
At our Freecycle Event residents can drop off their gently used items with the knowledge that they won’t go to a landfill – but one of their neighbors or a charitable organization instead! Everyone wins – the Township Clean Up costs the taxpayers less money (less dumpsters), Pennsylvania landfills don’t fill up as quickly, and residents and local charities receive needed goods at a price that can’t be beat – FREE!
Gently used items are accepted for drop off at Clean Up. Items dropped off at either location during each Clean Up event will be available for pick-up by residents the following weekend. Please check the calendar for dates.
Items are available for pick up at the Township Building location only. A maximum of 5 items is allowed per person. There is no charge to drop off or pick up items.
This event is for Middle Smithfield Township residents only. Please provide proof of township residency.
Fees are charged by the vehicle. Payment is in cash or check only. Please see event flyer for current year for current fees. Fees vary from year to year.
- No household garbage
- No automobiles or automobile parts
- No paint cans with contents, thinners
- No pesticides, herbicides or any other hazardous materials
- No building materials or demolition waste
No Charge For:
- Automotive Batteries
- Electronic devices covered under the Covered Device Recycling Act (computers, TVs, monitors, printers, laptops, ect.) are accepted free of charge. Residents who bring only covered electronic devices (computers, TVs, monitors, printers, laptops, etc.) will have any per-car load fee waived and will not be charged in any way.
Help Heat Your Township Building!
Now accepting waste oil, transmission fluid, hydraulic fluid and fryer oil.